Do you have old or new reading glasses, distance glasses, and/or sunglasses available?
Visio Optical runs a spectacle collection programme to ensure that spectacles are made available to the needy. If you have any old or new spectacles that you don't use, please bring them along when you visit our store, and will take care of the rest.
Donations of glasses are appreciated by Visio Optical. Visio Optical maintains the highest standard social responsibility, and we focus on business ethics. All donations will provide help for the eye care of patients in need for financial support.
How is my donation going to people in need?
- If your frame is in usable conditions, Visio Optical will service it and offer during our charity sessions.
- If your frame is not in usable conditions, Visio Optical will replace it with a new frame to be donated on your behalf!
Visio Optical will provide the necessary eye examination, and we will also give free lenses to the participants of our charity events.
Who is going to benefit from this charity?
Your donation is offered to people living in conditions of financial difficulty. These people would otherwise remain without proper prescription glasses, because they are unable to access or afford quality eye care. Typically they are elders without income and with little support from other members of the society.
Can I donate my old lenses?
Unfortunately old lenses are difficult to reuse. They usually have some kind of damage on the surface and on the coating, they have been cut to fit a specific frame, and they can be worn only by a person with exactly the same prescription. Hence, the old lenses will be removed and replaced with new lenses.
Visio Optical will offer free lenses for every frame that is donated, as expression of our genuine commitment to the social welfare.
Can I make a donation by giving money?
We do not collect money for charity purposes. We only collect spectacles (old and new). We shall offer them to the needy if they are still usable, and we take charge to replace them with new ones if they are not in usable conditions.
If you wish to contribute directly with a payment, you may help us by taking up some of the bills that we incur during our charity sessions.
The expenses that may to be supported are:
- The compensation for the external optometrists that we hire to provide the eye test.
- The transportation by private bus, used to carry the elderly (some of them on wheelchair) from the nursing home to our store.
- Comfort food and refreshments that is offered to the elderly while they are waiting for their eye test (a session may include up to 30 patients, and it may last up to 3 hours).
You may call us at 6776 0052 if you would like to contribute in this way.
Thank you for your support, your contribution is very appreciated.